Germicidal UVC Measurement Cards
SKU: MED UVC-TAB MEASUREMENT CARD 10PK [AUV]
Availability: Typically Ships within 8 days
$35.00 ea Contact us for Pricing
Order in packs of 3
Germicidal UVC light is an effective tool for eliminating pathogens on surfaces, but how do you know that the UVC dose is effective?
The UVC dosimeter™ for general use is a safe and efficient tool that can be used to verify UVC exposure of a surface, or an instrument, in a variety of environments, from hotels to restaurants to food and beverage manufacturing and processing facilities.
General purpose dosimeters verify you are delivering a UVC dosage high enough to reduce the microbial load on packaging materials, food products, and other contaminated surfaces targeted for disinfection. These UVC measurement and verification cards also provide you with real-time results that can be recorded, documented, and kept for future verification/validation purposes.
The technology consists of a photo-chromatic ink that changes color when it is stimulated by certain UVC radiation (253.7 nanometers). The central circle on the measurement cards changes from yellow to orange and pink, for E.Coli and Listeria doses respectively (includes instruction card).
The UVC Dosimeter from American Ultraviolet:
- Can increase the efficiency of UV disinfection processes designed to reduce HAIs and SSIs, by running shorter cycle times, and providing real–time results.
- Changes color at various energy levels, which correlates with a log reduction of microbiology samples (e.g. E.Coli and Listeria or MRSA and C. difficile).
- Measures specific wavelengths of UVC radiation
- Can be modified to change color at specific energy levels, depending upon the type of pathogen(s) of concern at your institution
- Has been tested in laboratory and hospital environments in the United States, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
How the UVC dosimeter works:
Example of the UVC dosimeter changing colors:
Using the UVC docimeter with a handheld UVC device: